Terms of Service
This Terms of Service Agreement (“agreement”) is an agreement made between you, or if you represent a legal entity, that legal entity (“you”) and Mercury, the owners of the Mercury website and platform.
This agreement is a binding agreement between you and Mercury, and shall set forth the terms and conditions under which you can use Mercury. For the purposes of this agreement, this shall mean the Mercury website, the Mercury client, and any parts or copies of them.
Any services provided by Mercury are made available “as is” without warranty of any kind, express or implied, including but not limited to any warranties of merchantability, fitness for a particular purpose and noninfringement. Mercury does not and cannot guarantee the results you may obtain by using Mercury.
In no event will Mercury be liable for any claim, damages or other liability, whether in an action of contract, tort or otherwise, arising from, out of, or in connection with the software or the use or other dealings in the software.
Mercury hereby grants you a non-transferable, non-exclusive license to use Mercury or any of their services, provided that you agree to, comply with, and accept the entirety of the following:
- You enter and participate on the Mercury platform at your own risk.
- You are 13 years of age or older, or have obtained parental consent to use Mercury.
- You are fully responsible for your own statements and materials that you upload to Mercury and any consequences of your statements and materials. You agree that you will not take any action directed towards attempting to hold us responsible for any such materials or statements.
- Any opinions or views expressed by users on Mercury are their own. We do not endorse, support, or otherwise give any credence or reason for reliance on any such statements or opinions.
- Mercury is not required to monitor communications on the platform, and neither we nor any Moderators or Administrators are responsible for any material that any users upload, but we may do so at our sole discretion.
- We reserve the right to remove or expel any party from participation and access to Mercury for any time or for any reason.
- By accessing Mercury, you agree that you will not commit any of
the following acts:
- Using Mercury for any illegal purpose under applicable law.
- Placing any material in Mercury that you do not have a right to upload, link to, post, or otherwise transmit under applicable law.
- Placing any material in Mercury that contains a false statement about any person/legal entity, infringes upon the privacy rights of any other person/legal entity, or threatens, harrases, abuses, defames or embarrasses any other person/legal entity without explicit permission from them.
- Placing any obscene, pornographic, sexually explicit or violent materials in Mercury.
- Repeatedly uploading unsolicited advertising, marketing materials, or sales/promotional materials to Mercury.
- Placing any material in the Mercury that is disruptive or defamatory to Mercury or other users of the Mercury service including Moderators or Administrators.
- By uploading any material to Mercury, you hereby grant any viewers of the material a perpetual, non-revocable, royalty-free license to view, download, store, and reproduce such material.
- Any users, Moderators, or Administrators of Mercury reserve the right to stay anonymous and unnamed if they wish to.
- You may use Mercury or any of their services only as outlined in this agreement. Any use of Mercury or any of their services that is not expressly allowed in this Agreement will automatically terminate your rights to use Mercury under this agreement. If your right to use Mercury or any of their services is terminated, you shall immediately stop using Mercury.
- This agreement contains the entire agreement between the Parties. No variation of any of the terms or conditions of this agreement may be made unless such variation is explicitly agreed in writing and signed by both you and Mercury.
This agreement is governed by and constructed in accordance with the applicable laws of Scotland and the United Kingdom, and shall be subject to the non-exclusive jurisdiction of the courts of Scotland and Great Britain.
If any term of this agreement is adjudged to be invalid or unenforceable, such term shall in no way affect any other term of this agreement or the application of such term in any other circumstance or the validity or enforceability of this Agreement. The Parties will negotiate in good faith about a term that will replace the invalid or unenforceable term.
Please check these terms and conditions regularly. We may update them at any time without notice. You must agree to any changes if you continue to use Mercury after the terms and conditions have been updated.
If you believe you know of someone/a group of people who have broken these terms or if you want more information, please contact our support team at email@example.com .Last updated 25 January 2023